DAILY GINGER TEA
The benefits of ginger and turmeric are incredible. Not only does this tea have to potential to boost your immunity & enhance your body's anti-inflammatory response, it will also help prepare your digestive fire (agni) to efficiently assimilate food into nutrients.
If you're up for it, try incorporating ginger tea into your daily morning routine.
YOU WILL NEED:
1 inch fresh ginger root, washed
1/2 inch fresh turmeric root OR 1 tsp turmeric powder
4 cups water
Medium pot & lid
- Grate roots OR thinly slice (option to peel)
- Combine with water in pot & bring to a boil
- Turn to low, cover & simmer 5-10 minutes
- If using turmeric powder, add that last
- Serve as is, or strain.
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS . . .
- This ratio, may be quite concentrated; if you'd like to mellow it out a little, dilute by filling your mug halfway with ginger tea and adding equal parts warm water.
- For an additional boost, add a pinch of ground black pepper to increase turmeric absorption in the body.
- If you know you won't have time in the morning, make it the night before.
- I like to leave it on the stove and drink it warm or at room temperature throughout the day (and even into the next day). Sometimes, I even find other purposes for my excess ginger tea, such as:
- Incorporating a small amount in recipes that call for water
- Adding it to soup (like miso) or kitchari
- When heating on the stove, using it as a facial steamer to help facial oil/moisturizer penetrate & absorb into the skin
- Letting it cook down even more & using the concentrate (decoction) to flavor kombucha or herbal medicines.
Ginger Study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3665023/